Information and Guidance Notes
Please read the information below to understand the criteria and requirements for applications. There is also a step-by-step guide to see what information you will need before applying.
What is the Community Small Grant Fund?
The fund is to support small projects and is made up of contributions from Rastrick Big Local and the Community Foundation for Calderdale. The minimum amount you can apply for is £100 and the maximum is £1500.
Who can apply?
Any group or organisation that operate and/or deliver projects within Rastrick and who meet the following criteria and can be completed within an agreed deadline.
- You must be a constituted and or a formally organised group/organisation or have demonstrable plans to be working towards this with a reasonable time scale. Please attach a signed copy of your constitution and or rules with your application. If you are unsure please get in touch
- Can demonstrate compliance with statutory requirements e.g. Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) for work with children etc.
- If the group or organisation is based outside of Rastrick they will have to provide evidence of work in the area
Projects must meet at least one of the priorities and aim to make a real difference to the group/organisation and/or the wider community:
- People: – Activities/projects which bring people together from different backgrounds, ages, and neighbourhood’s in Rastrick
- Places: – Improving the culture, environment and safety within Rastrick
- Training: – Activities/projects which help develop peoples skills and experience
What we will not fund:
- Organisations or activities that support a political party or political policies
- Activities which promote religious beliefs (please note that religious institutions can apply for funding, but not for religious activities)
- To meet debts or liabilities
- Funding in retrospective i.e. when the activity has taken place, before funding has been awarded
- Statutory functions of public organisations eg, Local Authority, Police etc. Note that work with the community may be considered
- Individuals: funding is only available to groups , however new groups /projects without a group bank account can request another established group to hold the funds on their behalf
- Groups/businesses with significant reserves
Step-by-Step guide to completing the application form:
Here is a list of the information you will need before starting the application procedure:
- Standard contact details
- A name for your project, a date or timescale you expect it to be in place and an outline of your idea/project e.g. How did the project come about, what the project will do, who will be involved and what outcome you expect
- Choose one or more of the priorities. You must demonstrate how it will meet the chosen priority – e.g. you should consider how it will maximize the benefit to the group/organisation and/or the wider community
- Please state which specific neighbourhood area(s) of Rastrick will be included and/or benefit
- Give information about which age group(s) you will engage or involve in your project
- Please tell us how much grant you are applying for and the total cost of the project. Give a breakdown of the items you will spend the grant on and include any funding your group/organisation is contributing, any other funds you are applying for or have secured from other potential funders.
- Give a start and completion date and be as realistic as possible. Do not put a start date within a month of your submission of your proposal, this will enable the panel to consider and make a decision. All applicants will be informed of the decision whether your project is successful or unsuccessful.
Please provide as much details as you can. We will check your application and will contact you if we have any queries. You must provide feedback of 50 to 100 words together with a photograph on how your group/organisation has benefited from the funding and we request your permission to include this on our website and facebook page to inform the wider community about the fund.
You can download the application form here: This document includes our terms and conditions which should be returned should your application be successful.
If you would prefer to receive a paper copy to complete then contact us
If you have any questions about the information and or need any support to develop your project get in touch: